The Springwater Plantation Homeowners Association is opposed to the Del Webb Development on Posey Road. Four members of our Homeowners Association and I attended the Coweta County Commissioners on Thursday, Aug. 25, 2022, at 6 p.m.
We expressed our objections and the reasons why.
- The Traffic Study was not available at that meeting. The traffic on Highway 154 from Interstate 85 past Hammock Road is horrendous, and the traffic on Highway 34 backs up at certain times during the day. The County needs to have a plan on how to handle the increase in traffic.
- The Environmental impact study has not been done. Some of the land for the proposed development is low in elevation and stays wet.
- Del Webb plans to have five entry/exits on Posey Road and one entry/exit on Baker Road. Posey Road is directly behind the Springwater Plantation properties. The HOA is very concerned that traffic through Springwater Plantation will drastically increase and cause safety issues with members visiting parks and taking walks.
- The small lots and houses are not a good fit for the area, which has one- to five-acre lots. One-acre homes selling for $500,000 or more would sell quickly. Return on investment would be better.
- The Del Webb development wants to connect to the sewer system behind the development, which means the sewage processing plant would have to increase its capacity at the Coweta County taxpayer's expense.
- When the Del Webb representatives at the meeting were asked what would be the size in square feet of the smallest lot and the largest lot, no answer was provided. When we asked what would be the cost of the smallest home and largest home. No answer was provided.
- At the Commissioner's meeting, three residents of Springwater Plantation spoke out against the development, and two gave their written objections. One resident of Chatsworth spoke against the development. No Coweta County residents spoke in favor of the Del Webb Development.
Question? I know many residents emailed their objections, but none were presented at the Commissioner's meeting. Why not?
Thirty percent of the lots in the Del Webb Development will be less than one-eighth of an acre. They plan to develop 1,236 high-density homes. The negative impact of the Del Web Development will affect not only the Springwater Plantation subdivision but all of the developments in the surrounding areas including but not limited to the residents on Posey Road, Wide Water subdivision, and Chatsworth. All residents and subdivisions along Highway 54 will feel the pain.
I, as a 33-year resident of Coweta County and the President of Springwater Plantation HOA, strongly object to the Coweta County Commissioners' approval of not one variance but seven variances to the Del Webb Development.
We have one last chance to stop this development at the Sept. 22 Commissioners' meeting. Talk to your friends that live in Coweta County and ask them to email their objections.
If you are an HOA president or someone from an HOA who would like to help with our protest. Please contact me at email@example.com Your neighborhood could be next.
President Springwater Plantation HOA