Kindergarten registration is now open for the Coweta County School System.
Kindergartners new to the school system are the largest group of children enrolled each year. Early registration for those new students is held for the convenience of parents and helps avoid delays or wait times as the new school year draws closer.
Kindergarten classes in Coweta County elementary schools are open to all Coweta children who will be 5 years old by Sept. 1.
Registration is for children who are not currently enrolled in a Coweta County school. Students who have been enrolled in a Coweta County School System pre-K class during the 2020-21 school year do not need to register again to enter kindergarten.
Registration for new students in grades 1-12 will begin June 1.
New student registration is conducted through an online registration system. Questions can be emailed to email@example.com , or parents can call the school system’s Central Registration Center at 770-254-5551.
Parents who do not have access to online capabilities should contact the registration center for assistance. In order to follow social distancing guidelines, visits to the school system’s Central Registration Center are by appointment only. The center cannot accept any walk-in registrations at this time.
To register a student online, visit www.cowetaschools.net and complete the online pre-registration form, located on the page under the heading “School Registration.” Select the school year 2021-22 when you begin the application. After filling out basic information, parents can upload electronic copies of required documents.
The following registration documents will be required:
• Birth certificate or passport for the student being enrolled. A state-issued, certified copy is required – hospital certificates are not accepted. Birth certificates may be obtained for a fee at the Coweta County Probate Court Office in downtown Newnan (770-254-2640).
• Social Security card for the student being enrolled (or complete the waiver in the application).
• Current (not expired) state ID or driver's license of the biological parent or legal guardian registering the child. Proof of custody or guardianship is required if the registering adult is not the birth parent.
• Proof of residence. Any two items from the following list are required for address verification: mortgage documents or a security deed which indicates the location of the residence; apartment or home lease or rent receipt indicating the current address; current electrical bill or an approved application for electrical service showing the current address (please bring the entire bill to show electrical service and address); property tax records which indicate the location of the residence; voter precinct identification card or other voter documentation indicating the current address
• Immunization certificate – either a Georgia Department of Human Resources immunization certificate form 3231 or a signed 30-day waiver. For students new to Georgia, a 90-day waiver can be issued at the time of student registration.
• Hearing-Dental-Vision-Nutritional Certificate on Georgia Form 3300 or a signed 90-day waiver. Immunization and Hearing-Dental-Vision certificates can be obtained from the Coweta County Health Department (770-254-7400) or from a family physician. Short-term waivers issued to students new to Georgia during registration will allow parents time to obtain the certificates, but students may be withdrawn if the certificates are not filed by the end of the waiver period.
• Other helpful documentation for enrollment include custody documents, if applicable, and special education documents (IEP for services).
After completing the online registration, parents will receive an email confirming submission of the application. After the application is reviewed by the registration staff, parents will receive another email with the application status and further instructions.
Submitted applications will be reviewed during normal business hours – Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. – from Feb. 1- May 28.