(Updated: Jan. 26, 2021, 12:40 p.m.)
The following local locations are administering the COVID-19 vaccine, as vaccines become available. Some providers are running a waiting list. All providers require appointments. The current COVID-19 vaccines require two doses, either 21 days or 28 days apart, depending on the manufacturer. Both doses must be from the same manufacturer.
Under Georgia’s Phase 1a, only certain people are eligible for vaccination. They are: those 65 and older and their caregivers; health care workers in a clinical setting, including environmental services workers; law enforcement and firefighters, and long-term care residents and staff.
Vaccinations are free; some providers may charge an administration fee. Some are not charging a fee for the uninsured but will bill insurance for those who have insurance.
• Georgia Department of Public Health District 4 operates mass vaccine clinics in multiple counties, when vaccine is available. There is currently no vaccine available, and the appointment line, at 762-888-8180, is closed until further notice.
• YourTown Health offers vaccines, when available, at its locations in Senoia and Palmetto. Plans are for a mass vaccination location in Palmetto. YourTown Health is not vaccinating caregivers of those over 65 unless the caregiver is also over 65 or a health care worker. To get on the waiting list, fill out the contact form at https://www.yourtownhealth.com/contact-us/ .
• Lee Goodrum Pharmacy, 40 Hospital Road, Newnan is offering vaccines when available. To get on the waiting list email firstname.lastname@example.org .
• Lee King Pharmacy, 18 Cavender St, Newnan, is offering vaccines when available. To get on the waiting list email your name and phone number to email@example.com
• Thompson’s Pharmacy, 134 Millard Farmer Industrial Blvd., is offering vaccines when available. To get on the waiting list email firstname.lastname@example.org .
• Publix is offering the vaccine at certain pharmacy locations, including the Newnan location at 1111 Lower Fayetteville Road, when available. For more information, visit https://www.publix.com/covid-vaccine/georgia .
• Kroger is offering the vaccine at certain pharmacy locations, when available. For more information visit https://www.kroger.com/i/coronavirus-update/vaccine .
• Piedmont Healthcare has limited vaccine for patients, and will contact those who are eligible. Patients should not contact their health care provider to schedule an appointment.