The Grantville city council discussed a potential pay schedule for the new section of plots at the Grantville cemetery at their Monday night work session.
The new section is named Annex A, said city manager Al Grieshaber, and is currently marked off with wooden stakes and ribbons.
There are 208 available plots, according to Grieshaber.
The proposed prices for the 5-by-11 plots are:
- $500 for residents in the Grantville city limits
- $750 for Coweta County residents
- $1,000 for residents outside of Coweta County
Grieshaber said the plots would be sold in increments of two, four, six, eight and 10 in sections H-R of Annex A.
Twenty plots in section G are available for single purchase.
"If that gets filled, we will designate another section for singular sales, provided we don't have a lot of burials taking up the other sections," Grieshaber said.
The council also:
- Discussed qualifying fees for Posts three and four for the city council election. Currently the fee is $72; however, Councilmember Jim Sells inquired about raising the fee.
- Discussed a full-time position within the city clerk's office.
- Discussed the reappointment of Tyree Raptis, Joe Ward, Brenda Maddox and Danny Clay to the city's planning commission.
- A public hearing for a minor amendment to the Comprehensive Plan and Future Land Use Map will be held Jan. 25.
- The mayor announced the committee assignments of the council members:
- Councilmember Alan Wacaser will be the chairperson for the police committee. Councilmembers Ruby Hines and Jim Sells will be members.
- Sells will be the chairperson for the utilities committee. Councilmember Mark King and Wacaser will be members.
- King will be the chairperson for the administrative committee. Hines and Wacaser will be members.
- Hines will be the chairperson for the streets and public works committee. King and Sells will be members.