Coweta County high schools will honor 2020 graduates with in-person events at Newnan, East Coweta and Northgate on Wednesday, Dec. 16.
Rain date will be Dec. 17.
Students will need to register with their high schools to participate and to receive guest tickets. Ceremonies will be held at 5 p.m. at each school.
Schools will directly contact their 2020 graduates and families directly with more details about the ceremonies, online registration, ticket pickup and participation requirements. Students and family members are asked to register by Nov. 17.
Each graduate will receive a limited number of tickets for guests to attend the ceremonies. Because social distancing will be maintained through the events, no access to the ceremony will be granted to guests without guest tickets, and students who do not register will not receive guest tickets or be included in the in-person ceremonies.
Based on COVID-19 health guidance – which applies to all school events – students and guests will be required to observe the following safety precautions to ensure the ceremonies are conducted as safely as possible:
• Face masks/coverings be required for all participants to prevent transmission of illness.
• Students should arrive dressed in cap and gown. Graduates will find information on arrival times, parking, where to enter the campus and other important details in the ticket packet they pick up at school upon registration.
• Customary decorum will be followed, and no decorations of cap and gowns will be permitted. Graduates’ seats will be separated by six feet, and there will not be a processional. A formal recessional leading the graduates out of the stadium or auditorium is planned. Family members will not be allowed on the field with graduates, and they should plan to meet their graduates outside the event venue after the ceremony.
• Graduates will check in and be assigned a seat, filling the seating area from front to back. At the end of the ceremony, graduates will be dismissed back to front. Graduates and families should avoid congregating in groups with others on campus.
• Families will be advised of arrival times to campus to ensure recommended social distancing. Once seated, families will be asked to remain seated until the conclusion of the ceremony. Families will not be allowed onto the field at any time. Family groups may sit together, with distance between groups, and guests should maintain physical distance of 6 feet or more whenever possible.
• All attending the events will be asked to follow directional signs when moving around the campus to reduce face-to-face exposure.