Here is the recipe to make the tea cakes from Bolton’s Bakery at home.
Bolton’s Bakery Tea Cakes
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 sticks of butter
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 5 cups of flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together all dry ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add buttermilk and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients. Mix until all ingredients are combined and make a dough.
- Place dough on a floured surface. Roll out dough to the thickness you like.
- Cut into desired shapes and bake on a cookie sheet for 10 minutes, depending on how dark or light you would like them.
- Remove them from the oven to let them cool and enjoy.
(Recipe courtesy of Bolton’s Bakery)