“Operation Gratitude” will soon be in full effect.
The fundraiser is being spearheaded by the Coweta Central Library, located at 85 Literary Lane.
The campaign, which begins July 2, is to collect items for U.S. troops overseas. Library officials are also asking adults and children of all ages to write a brief note or draw a picture expressing gratitude to those serving our country.
The donated items, notes and pictures will be sent to Operation Gratitude and added to care packages for the soldiers.
Drawing and art supplies will be provided in the Central Library’s Adult’s and Children’s Services Areas.
Operation Gratitude will run from July 2- 10, except on July 4, when the library will be closed.
For more information, contact the Central Library of the Coweta County Library System at 770-683-2052.
Here is a list of donated items needed for soldiers serving overseas:
- Unused greeting cards or stationary
- AA and AAA batteries
- Mini flashlights
- Video games
- Flash drives
- Used cell phones
- VISA, MasterCard or American Express gift cards
- Lip balm
- Toothpaste, dental floss, toothbrushes
- Deodorant – solid only, 3 oz. or less
- Packs of 5 or fewer disposable razors
- Non-aerosol shaving gel in tubes
- Individual packets of moist towelettes
- Hand/foot warmers
- Travel-size foot powder
- Packs of 50 or fewer cotton swabs
- Travel-size packs of facial tissue
- Mini sewing kits.
All donated items must have a shelf life or expiration date of at least six months from receipt date.